Re: Maintainance of desktop.el

From: Stuart D. Herring
Subject: Re: Maintainance of desktop.el
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 22:23:54 -0800 (PST)

> I nearly forgot, I wrote a piece that can be used there: winsav.el
>
> You can find it at http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/DL/elisp/
>
> I wrote to the earlier maintainer once, but nothing happened then.

Wasn't there some sort of effort being made to write a Lisp-grokkable
window-configuration representation?  It seems like that might be a step
towards resolving the window-pointer issues in that code.  Of course,
given that a desktop when loaded is supposed to create buffers, which
obviously start with no overlays, the current state of affairs may very
well be sufficient for desktop.el's purpose.

The question is (for later, of course), what do you want to do with it?
desktop.el can't very well use it if it's not part of Emacs (at least, not
without looking really odd and calling featurep a lot), so is it to be
merged into desktop.el, or added to Emacs as a standalone library, or
what?

Davis

PS - I've only glanced at the code.  If I end up using it, I'll study it
much more thoroughly then.

shipping.