Re: redundant space after run 'c-indent-new-comment-line'

From: William Xue
Subject: Re: redundant space after run 'c-indent-new-comment-line'
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 09:53:41 +0800

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 03:34:25 +0800, Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi, Stefan!

On Thu, Feb 15, 2007 at 10:18:31AM -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 03:24:54PM +0800, William Xue wrote:
>> First, 'M-;' make a c style comment in a new line in a .h file, it prints
>> '/*   */', and the cursor blinks at the 2nd space char.

> Yes.  This is the place where you'll be wanting to start typing.

But why 3 spaces?  This looks like a bug.  But when I try it in Emacs
-Q, I get 2 spaces, so maybe it's something in his .emacs ?

Maybe.  Maybe he copied the string by hand, and an extra space slipped
in.

William, if you suspect that you got one space too many in '/*   */',
please dump your CC Mode configuration (with C-c C-b) and post it here.

        Stefan

There are only 2 spaces here also. Maybe I added one more space accidentially when writing the message, sorry.

--
Sincerely yours,
William