Re: define_color vs. xw-color-values, or pixel vs. red, green and blue

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: define_color vs. xw-color-values, or pixel vs. red, green and blue
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 20:11:29 +0100

On 2/14/07, Jason Rumney <address@hidden> wrote:

but
w32_defined_color maps it to (ff00,ff00,ff00). This is due to windows
only supporting 8 bits per color channel, while Emacs expects 16.

I don't entirely understand. That should be an issue when passing the
color to Windows, not during manipulation inside Emacs. Or is that an
optimization?

Correcting this bug would allow us to use the latter code in
xw-color-values, which is more clear.

I'll file it in my list of things to remember after the release.

            Juanma