Re: copyrights to be fixed

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: copyrights to be fixed
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 14:46:01 -0500

    The files in etc/images are taken from GTK 2.x and Gnome 2.x, as
    explained in the README file.  The Debian copyrights file said to
    refer to the Changelogs for copyright information, so I did that.  The
    result is

    Copyright 2002 through 2006

    Copyright owners (not FSF assigned as far as I can tell):
      Tuomas Kuosmanen, Rodney Dawes, Jakub Steiner, Alexander Larsson,
      Tor Lillqvist, Garrett LeSage, Dennis Cranston, Jody Goldberg, Luca
      Ferretti, Mark Finlay, and Marco Pesenti Gritti

    Released under the GNU General Public License, version 2.

Is it really only version 2?  If so, we may have to replace them in
order to move Emacs to GPL version 3.

Can you tell me how to contact these people so I can ask them to
relicense to GPL version 3 or later?