Re: Hebrew xlation of Emacs tutorial

From: Yotam Medini יותם מדיני
Subject: Re: Hebrew xlation of Emacs tutorial
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 18:16:24 +0200

On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 16:33:55 +0100
David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> Are you seriously suggesting that something like Bidi support could be
> implemented in Emacs by people having major difficulties with the
> language of its code comments and documentation?
>
> --
> David Kastrup

Yes! not today, not this year, but may be in 4 years to come.
Smart kids who understands only Hebrew, are less likely to overcome
the learning curve of Emacs than kids who reads English fluently.

If we had more 12-year old kids using Emacs Today for trivial tasks,
we will have some of them doing sophisticated programming in 4 years.
If they grow with Emacs and love it - they will want to contribute back.

How many years are we waiting for Bidi support in Emacs?

-- yotam