Re: Bug in incremental undrawing of mouseover highlighting

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: Re: Bug in incremental undrawing of mouseover highlighting
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 22:40:20 +0100

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 10:33:14 -0500 Chong Yidong <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have an idea about the origin of the various mouse-highlighting bugs
> recently discussed on this list.

I applied your patch to CVS sources from 2007-01-19 and with it I
cannot reproduce the severe incremental undrawing I reported (see
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/63681).  In my build from
those sources without the patch, I still get the bug.  Moreover, with
the patch I haven't observed the mild form I mentioned (I don't have a
precise recipe for reproducing that, but just experimented with
patched and unpatched Emacsen from otherwise identical source code).
So this fix seems to DTRT on this point.  (The patch does not fix the
second problem I mentioned: "Now click the MIME part header again to
close it, and either the entire header or the second line of will be
double.  Further clicking to open and close the MIME part increases
the number of (parts of) headers displayed.")

Steve Berman