Re: Emacs-diffs Digest, Vol 50, Issue 7

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Emacs-diffs Digest, Vol 50, Issue 7
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 14:07:15 +0000

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
This conflict arose because the designers of Windows
did not concern themselves with how Emacs used these characters.

I suggest that at least the above sentence must be removed, as it incorrectly gives the designers of Windows credit for the CUA standard.

In fact, I suggest that advertising Windows in this text and including it in a Windows specific section of the manual is inappropriate, as many systems now use the control key as the default modifier for their CUA keybindings (Gnome and KDE for example).

To add insult to injury, the ChangeLog entry accuses me of being
lopsided towards Windows:

I think you're reading too much into that text, it does not imply any accusation to me.