Re: National Language Support Functions

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: National Language Support Functions
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 18:36:58 +0100

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 16:21:14 +0100
From: "Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden>
CC: Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden>,  address@hidden
  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2005-07/msg00467.html

and the discussion that followed.
Did not I explain why that argument is not valid here?

You said:

  "I would not suggest using it if I believed that."

This hardly qualifies as explaining why my argument ``is not valid''.

I can not see why you think that is the explanation?

Instead of explaining it all myself I gave you some links to other pages that described the situation.

If you take a look at the code you will see that very little will
have to change to allow this hook.

What I said back then had nothing to do with how easy or hard is it to
allow your hook.  I was talking about long-term maintenance burden,
not short-term amount of work.

Yes, that is true and a very good argument. I just happen to disagree on the amount of maintenance burden.