Re: How about a new pretest?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: How about a new pretest?
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 18:18:49 -0500

    >> I think we should try to fix these two problems now.  The first one
    >> should be easy.
    >>   ** make-network-process :nowait t doesn't work for non-local
    >> targets
    >>    on Windows.

    Well, I might give it a shot after Xmas.

Making the code report that the feature doesn't exist on MS Windows
has solved the problem.  Now we're talking about adding a feature.

That shouldn't be done until after the release.  But I hope that if
this is done then, it won't be done by you.  The reason is that improving
Emacs for Windows alone is not as important as improving it for free systems.
You are very capable of making the sorts of improvements that will
really make Emacs better for users.  I hope you will focus on them.