Re: Mysterious fontification/C++ context issue

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Mysterious fontification/C++ context issue
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 20:06:37 -0500

    >     Could we set open-paren-in-column-0-is-defun-start to t for c mode?

    This would nullify the fix for the bug reported by Martin a few weeks
    ago, namely: Load syntax.c and immediately jump forward to a certain
    function.  The fontification was seriously wrong.

Could you please explain this more clearly?  What was that fix,
and why would this change interfere with it?  I don't remember
the previous discussion any more.