Re: Emacs manipulate files with long-lines very slowly.

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Emacs manipulate files with long-lines very slowly.
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 19:58:10 +0900

Hongyi Zhao <address@hidden> writes:
>> Notice that C-x C-m is followed by "f" -- the full command is:  C-x C-m f
>
> I see, but this command is equivalent C-x RET f on my Operating System.

Yes, C-m and RET are different names for the same key.  You can type
either C-m or RET and it means the same thing.

> Please notice, not the command you told me: C-x C-k RET, because if I use
> this command, I'll meet the following message:

That's a typo on my part -- I mean:  C-x k RET

-Miles
--
It wasn't the Exxon Valdez captain's driving that caused the Alaskan oil spill.
It was yours.  [Greenpeace advertisement, New York Times, 25 February 1990]