Re: highlight-changes-mode

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: highlight-changes-mode
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 16:03:07 -0500

    The current implementation allows the situation where a user no longer
    wants it turned on by default, but has an existing buffer that has
    some changes already highlighted.  If disabling the global mode
    automatically disables highlight changes modes in that buffer, then
    the highlighting of the changes disappears; we have lost information.

That is clearly true.  The question is whether this is a useful feature
that we want, or whether it is better to make this mode like the others.