encoding of font-name with unicode branch new font-backend

From: Miles Bader
Subject: encoding of font-name with unicode branch new font-backend
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 17:06:45 +0900

If I do "C-u C-x =" on a character which is displayed with a
font-backend font that has a non-latin name, the font-name is not
displayed correctly:  It's displayed as raw binary characters, which are
actually the bytes of a UTF-8 encoded font name.

It seems that somewhere (decode-coding-string ... 'utf-8) has to be
called on the font name, but I'm not sure which layer has the knowledge
that the string is actually utf-8...

-miles
--
Fast, small, soon; pick any 2.