Re: "Suggested by Ben North"?

From: Vinicius Jose Latorre
Subject: Re: "Suggested by Ben North"?
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 11:31:24 -0200

David Kastrup wrote:
Vinicius Jose Latorre <address@hidden> writes:

Richard Stallman wrote:
     2006-12-01  Vinicius Jose Latorre  <address@hidden>

    +   * paren.el: Fix the highlight overlay extension when the user types a
    +   sequence of char very fast just after the open parenthesis.
    +   Suggested by Ben North <address@hidden>.
    +

Wasn't this patch WRITTEN by Ben North?
Did you write a different patch, or did you install his patch?
I installed exactly what Ben North wrote.

What verb should be used? Reported, Written, etc.?

The ChangeLog entry should not mention you at all, but Ben North.  The
purpose of the ChangeLog is to trace who contributed what material,
not who committed it (the CVS logs carry that information).

Hummm, ok, I've just fixed the ChangeLog.