Re: 22.1 Cygwin emacs timeframe query

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: 22.1 Cygwin emacs timeframe query
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 22:19:31 +0200

> From: Joe Buehler <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 08:46:34 -0500
>
> I'm the maintainer for gnu emacs under Cygwin.

It's good to know there is a Cygwin maintainer.  Thanks for working on
the Cygwin port.

> Given the "release" of the 22.0.90 alpha

Actually, 22.0.91 was released yesterday.

> is there a timeframe for the final release?  I would
> like to know how much time I have to get patches in before release of
> 22.1 (or whatever it will be).  I would like the official Cygwin version
> when available to not require any Cygwin-private patches.

I don't think anyone has any clear idea where Emacs 22.1 will be out,
unless you will accept "soon" as an answer.

However, no matter when the release will happen, now is the time to
submit patches for it to compile and run on Cygwin.

Btw, I hope you are aware of quite a few problems reported here and on
emacs-pretest-bug that are specific to the Cygwin build.  If not,
please try to read them and resolve them, either by patches or by
suggesting entries in etc/PROBLEMS.

TIA