Re: Pretest

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Pretest
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 11:58:04 +0100

On 11/20/06, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

Well, the "detach" stuff certainly had a bit of handwaving to it, but
I fleshed it out in later posts by proposing an additional
"emacsproxy" which would work without "fork" and similar niceties.

Yes, you're right.

Lennart's would be easier to sneak in under the "we are in pretest, no
new features" reign, but personally I don't feel it is the most robust
way to tackle the problem

FWIW, I agree. That's not to say that Lennart's not done a good job
and has put quite a lot of time or thought on it. He has. But I think
the fix is not very mature yet.

and it also would require updating manual
pages and documentation and stuff.

Documentation still requires updating wrt the TCP stuff. I haven't
done it because I'm waiting for the dust to settle regarding this
additional matter.

So my personal feeling is that for 22.1, we should bring emacsclient
under Windows merely up to what we already have under POSIX systems,
and leave the design and testing of further improvements to 23.1

Agreed, again.

                   /L/e/k/t/u