Re: feature request: indicator of minibuffer-recursion depth

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: feature request: indicator of minibuffer-recursion depth
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 23:02:59 +0100

On 11/19/06, Drew Adams <address@hidden> wrote:

Thanks. So I guess Kim was mistaken when he wrote on 7/17 that it wouldn't be
in Emacs 22? And Richard misunderstood when he said on 7/17 that he wanted to
save it for after the release?

No. As far as I know, it has not been committed.

I pointed it out because it is quite small and seems better than
having an elisp package just for this.

Very good, in any case. And I'm glad to see that the format string is a user
variable (`minibuffer-depth-indicator'). I don't see a user-definable face, but
perhaps no face is used.

You can always do, as I do:

(defface my-minibuffer-depth-face ...)

(setq minibuffer-depth-indicator
      (propertize "[%d] " 'face 'my-minibuffer-depth-face)))

                   /L/e/k/t/u