Re: Pretest

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Pretest
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 18:32:24 -0500

Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:

> Chong Yidong wrote:
>> I've rolled a new pretest tarball, which is available at
>>
>> ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-22.0.91.tar.gz
>>
>> The various build problems in 22.0.90 should be resolved.  We should
>> now make the pretest announcement, if Richard has finished updating
>> the pretesters list.
>
> We are currently working with emacsclient. It would be very good if
> our changes in emacsclient were included in the pretest. We need a
> little bit more time for resolving some issues and for testing.

I didn't know there were still outstanding issues with emacsclient.
(I haven't been following the thread closely, but it's been a month
since the first batch of emacsclient changes were checked in, and
there hasn't been any email traffic on this issue lately, so I assume
the initial batch of bugs that surfaced has been fixed.  Or haven't
they?)  As for needing more time for testing... well, that's the whole
point of a preTEST.

In any case, there will be more pretests, so I think we should go
ahead and make the pretest announcement anyway.