Re: Diff patches

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Diff patches
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 23:34:48 -0500

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> This is normal: emacs-diffs is indeed a moderated list, it became
> that because it was getting a huge amount of spam when it was
> unmoderated.

I know about the spam. I would have guessed it sufficient to
automatically filter anything where the subject was not "Changes
to..." rather than having a human moderator; but of course that also
requires someone to set it up.

>> It appeared on the list after a larger than normal delay.
>
> I'm the only moderator, and I'm only human...  However, I don't see a
> delay in disseminating diffs as crucial.

Just to be clear; I wasn't complaining about the delay at all (thanks
for your anti-spam efforts!); just offering it as a possible
explanation in this case (coincidentally, I just became aware of the
moderation recently).