Re: Switching to Subversion

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Switching to Subversion
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 15:57:08 +0100

On 11/13/06, Sascha Wilde <address@hidden> wrote:

Are you talking about the SCM or about the Emacs support for the SCM
here?  In the later case I don't fully agree, most parts of Emacs get
constantly improved mainly because people actually (have to) use them.

On this point: we're not here in the business of improving either the
SCM tool or the tool's interaction with Emacs (though that is
desirable, of course). We're in the business of improving Emacs. The
tool should be as transparent as possible. We don't want to spend our
time hammering the SCM into allowing us to work on Emacs.

(Not that this would be the case of Mercurial; I don't know. I'm
talking about general principles.)

                   /L/e/k/t/u