Re: emacsclient/server finished, documentation, raising frames

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: emacsclient/server finished, documentation, raising frames
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 00:30:19 +0100

A curious little problem: using emacsclient on a file with a local
variables section displays the "*local variables*" buffer and
prompt... but does not raise the frame, even with my patch, because
this is happening on the call to `find-file-noselect' (in
`server-visit-files'), way before getting to `server-switch-buffer'.

`hack-local-variables-confirm' could be made to always raise the frame
(there's no much point in asking the user if the user doesn't see the
prompt, and in non-emacsclient-related cases the user is already
interacting with the frame). Or we could simply add a hook to that
function (run before the prompt) and use it from server.el.

                   /L/e/k/t/u