Re: Pretest

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Pretest
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 10:41:12 +0900

Nick Roberts <address@hidden> writes:
> OK, but the merging is already being done on the emacs-unicode-2
> branch.  Presumably if Bill (Wohler) has a new (untested) version of
> MH-E, say, for Emacs 23, he could commit it now to emacs-unicode-2 i.e
> he doesn't need to wait till after the release.

He could indeed do that, though I don't think Richard wants people
generally to all move over to a branch for their hacking -- the trunk is
where the focus should be (and I gather this is one of the reasons for
not branching before the release actually happens).

I'd also think it would be polite to ask Kenichi before doing any
kind of big change on the unicode branch.

-Miles
--
"Though they may have different meanings, the cries of 'Yeeeee-haw!' and
 'Allahu akbar!' are, in spirit, not actually all that different."