Re: CVS commits and logs

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: CVS commits and logs
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 07:44:23 +0900

>     > Is this all a matter of Gnus?  We could handle Gnus specially.
>
>     Primarily Gnus, yes.
>
> Could you explain why you do this in cases that are not in Gnus?

I do this when I do merging.  Except for the Gnus 5.10 -> Emacs trunk
case, this merging doesn't occur to the trunk, but on branches (in many
of those cases I don't include changelog entries in the commit log
anyway, because it would make the commit log entries absurdly huge).

If you mostly care about the trunk, then it's safe to say that Gnus is
the only current case where I merge regularly to the trunk (you never
know what the future holds of course).

-Miles

--
P.S.  All information contained in the above letter is false,
      for reasons of military security.