Re: address@hidden: mouse-1-click-follows-link doesn'tgovern behavior in

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: address@hidden: mouse-1-click-follows-link doesn'tgovern behavior in Customize]
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 00:02:06 -0500

    > Could we change cus-edit.el to make a link instead of a widget?
    > But changing widget-documentation-link-add, say?

    At the Lisp level, the custom-group-link widgets behave rather
    differently from ordinary links used in, e.g., the *Help* buffer.

I believe you, but aren't we talking about two different questions?
You're talking about how link widgets look and operate, and thus
addressing the possibility of changing how they look or how they
operate.

I am talking about the possibility of replacing the link widgets
with ordinary links.

Can't this be done with a localized change in
widget-documentation-link-add?