Re: Use a different key from `C-M-c' for exit-recursive-edit?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Use a different key from `C-M-c' for exit-recursive-edit?
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 00:02:08 -0500

    One possibility might be `C-}', which is similar to `C-]' for
    `abort-recursive-edit' (same key, shifted, on many keyboards; and also a
    closure bracket char). I don't have a strong opinion about which key is
    used, however, other than `C-M-c'.

C-} does not exist on ttys, so I think this is a bad idea.
The command C-M-c has been used for this for decades
and I would not want to change it.  And certainly not
without polling the users.  So I think this need not be
discussed further.