Re: Fwd: vc-svn.el and "the underscore hack"

From: AriT93
Subject: Re: Fwd: vc-svn.el and "the underscore hack"
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 15:02:18 -0600

Stefan Monnier writes:
>--snip--<
 >
 > As mentioned elsewhere the ".foo -> _foo" transformation is not specific to
 > Subversion and/or Emacs, so I think we should not handle it specially in
 > vc-svn.el but instead in a more generic way, maybe directly in the C code or
 > at least by providing a function that handles it.
 >

 > Stefan

Thank you for your reply.  I am unclear on where else it was mentioned
about the transformation, it is possible I missed a reply.

I was not aware that vc-svn.el interacted with any subversion specific
functions in the C code. From reading through vc-svn.el it appeared to
just call the svn executable for any svn functions.  The change that I
had proposed mostly just made sure that vc-svn.el was aware of this
possibility, since not checking for the _svn directory would cause it
to incorrectly assume that files were not under subversion control.
So this would not be a case of .foo -> _foo but specifically .svn ->
_svn.

I'm not trying to be argumentative and appreciate your response.
--

enjoy every sandwich

           -- W. Zevon