RE: address@hidden: mouse-1-click-follows-link doesn't govern behavior i

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: address@hidden: mouse-1-click-follows-link doesn't govern behavior in Customize]
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 09:48:21 -0800

    > The buttons in the customize buffer are not links; they are buttons.

    I don't see any links on the first line of the buffer,

The link in question is in the first line of the doc for the option.

    and the link on the third to last line with the text
    `read-quoted-char'

Yes, that's the link: 3rd line from the end of the buffer = first line of
the `read-quoted-char-radix' doc.

    appears to be the only link in the buffer
    which DOES respect mouse-1-click-follows-link.

On my build, at least, that link does NOT respect
`mouse-1-click-follows-link':

 GNU Emacs 22.0.50.1 (i386-msvc-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2006-07-19 on BOS-CTHEWLAP2
 X server distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
 configured using `configure --with-msvc (12.00)'

emacs -Q
M-x set-variable mouse-1-click-follows-link RET nil RET
M-x customize-option read-quoted-char-radix

Click mouse-1 on `read-quoted-char'. The *Help* buffer opens for
`read-quoted-char'.

    The other links,
    which are displayed in link face, seem to act like buttons.

In my build, none of the links respects a nil value of
`mouse-1-click-follows-link', whether the links are displayed in link face,
or, like `read-quoted-char', have no special face. Mouse-1 on any link
follows it.

Perhaps this is a general problem with my build, which has been fixed since
then.