Re: Pretest

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Pretest
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 11:17:05 +0000

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Do you have some sh.exe on your PATH, or did you use CMD?  I think my
patch would not work with CMD, due to forward slashes in the
redirection.  I think I'd replace that with some cp command.
There is no sh.exe in my path, so I think it would have used cmd.exe. Perhaps mingw32-make converted the path before passing to cmd.exe? But cp would be safer.

But if temacs.exe is not needed to produce the DOC file, why do we
depend on it in the first place?

So that, whenever temacs.exe is rebuilt (meaning that some C file has
changed), DOC is regenerated by "make install".
Then wouldn't it be better to build DOC after temacs? Otherwise we lag behind by one build, since temacs does not get modified until after the DOC file is generated.