Re: Pretest

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Pretest
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 15:38:34 +0200

> From: Chong Yidong <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 13:59:36 -0400
>
> Since this is the first Emacs 22 pretest tarball, it would be nice if
> people could take a look and make sure there are no problems building
> from, before we think about making any pretest announcement.

With the exception of the single bug reported by Jason (to which I
posted a suggested solution), this pretest builds on Windows XP and
identifies itself as follows:

  GNU Emacs 22.0.90.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2006-10-28

I found two (possibly related) problems in the Info files included in
this pretest:

 . The first line of some of the Info file cites its full absolute
   file name on your machine, like this:

    This is /home/cyd/emacs/lispintro/../info/eintr, produced by makeinfo
    version 4.8 from /home/cyd/emacs/lispintro/emacs-lisp-intro.texi.

   I'm sure you didn't want to publish the directory tree of your
   machine ;-)

   I don't know how this happened, especially since some of the files
   have the correct text:

    This is ../info/emacs, produced by makeinfo version 4.8 from emacs.texi.

 . The file info/emacs-xtra was produced incorrectly: it includes all
   the stuff that should only be in the printed version, and is
   therefore conditioned by @iftex.  I have no other clue to this
   mystery except that the fact that it was somehow produced by a
   different version of Makeinfo:

    This is ../info/emacs-xtra, produced by makeinfo version 4.7 from
    emacs-xtra.texi.

   (A few other files are built by makeinfo 4.7 as well.)