Re: lisp/ChangeLog

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: lisp/ChangeLog
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 13:30:32 +0200

On 10/25/06, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

I think lisp/ChangeLog should _at least_ contain all the stuff that
happened since the last release.

AFAIK, that's *not* the case right now, if you're talking about relevant stuff.

I don't see what is so special in the changes between 21.4 (which was
a security-fix release, from a branch) and now. Unless I'm mistaken,
the last "new stuff" release was in 2001:

 2005-02-06  21.4
 2003-03-18  21.3
 2002-03-16  21.2
 2001-10-20  21.1

So, are you proposing to merge all changes from October 2001 on in
lisp/ChangeLog? :)

I'm only teasing, of course, but the fact is, ChangeLogs are mainly to
document changes (which works even if they're split) and as an aid to
us... and in that last case, if you need to search for changes to any
piece of code, you *already* have to search in more than one ChangeLog
file.

                   /L/e/k/t/u