Re: Back to emacsclient/server

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Back to emacsclient/server
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 16:40:55 +0100

On 24 Oct 2006, address@hidden wrote:

>> This may seem like an offbeat suggestion, but I think Emacs could
>> behave like a SSH daemon for emacsclient/server interactions..
>
> You mean: no change to server.el, and simply change emacsclient such that
> it runs emacsclient on the server host via ssh?
>
> I used to do that with a script and it's trivial to do, indeed.

No, I mean:

1) on the client side

ssh address@hidden:4567 '(function)'

2) on the Emacs side, running on `hostname' with IP `ip'

; bind to ip:4567
(sshd ip 4567)
; add a user for remote execution, with the following keys
(sshd-add-keys "tzz" "~/.ssh/identity" "~/.ssh/id_dsa")

So emacsclient would be gone, and server.el would be sshd.el or
something similar.

Ted