Re: Strange behavior of C-u in the presence of sit-for in p-c-h

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Strange behavior of C-u in the presence of sit-for in p-c-h
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 10:31:03 -0400

>     Which minor mode is that?  It could avoid performing the sit-for
>     during universal-argument:
>
>       (unless (eq this-command 'universal-argument)
>       (sit-for 0.5))
>
> If that works, I'd rather do that
> than make any change at a lower level.

The minor mode that reported contains the code, haskell-doc-mode, is
not distributed with Emacs; and as Stefan noted it's more correct for
it to use an idle-timer.

I suggest not making a change to Emacs at this stage.  I could add a
TODO item about "implementing a new primitive that is like
this-command-keys only it accepts reread events", and look into it
after the release.