Re: TeX input method

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: TeX input method
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 14:30:44 +0900

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:
> So, the only question is whether Stefan's change is worth
> breaking backward compatiblity or not.

Why not have "tex-discreet" and "tex-pedantic" input methods, the latter
being the current input method, and the former being Stefan's slightly
modified version.  The name "tex" could be an alias for one of those
(which one I don't know, but I tend towards the former).

[I agree with Stefan that the tex input method is a convenient thing to
turn on for getting random weird characters, and that I'd prefer that it
be unintrusive more than it be strictly the same as tex in all those
weird corner cases.]

-Miles
--
I'd rather be consing.