Re: string-strip

From: Andreas Roehler
Subject: Re: string-strip
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 20:40:56 +0200

Lars Hansen schrieb:
Andreas Roehler wrote:

Conceive this as the result of the discussion.  Will it be installed?

Thanks.

Richard wrote:

Before installing any such thing, the changes for etc/NEWS and the
Lisp Manual have to be written.

This is why it was never installed. I don't have the time to write it
now. If you or someone else will do it I will be thankfull.20060929-an-ed_2.txt

Will try my best and look for it.

Sometimes it's good if things take a rest.

Came back to that, because I had to change the
string-strip function for my needs.

The task was to pick and transform references from
textes with legal matters

        81 Js 2701/96,

->        81Js2701-96

As these references sometimes have been followed by a
commata, as shown, this should be removed too.

So I inserted a commata into the expression:

   (string-match
                                                   ^

Other users may need other changes. What about
to make this expression a customizable user
var?

__
Andreas Roehler