Re: line-move-partial too costly ?

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: line-move-partial too costly ?
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 12:50:32 +0200

>     After scrolling a couple of screens with C-n, the cursor stops, like
>     previously (it doesn't happen with auto-window-vscroll to nil), and
>     the display is buggy for the time I'm stuck (which could be quite
>     long [1]). The cursor stop happens on a screen change, and appears like
>     that :
>
> This just means that C-n is slow.  Kim Storm tried to optimize it;
> were the optimizations made so far not sufficient?

My recent optimizations have been in the case where the display is
up-to-date (as when the cursor just moves within the window), but
not when the display actually needs to be updated / scrolled.

I have just installed a change that should make line-move-partial
about 3-4 times faster when the display is not up-to-date.

If this still doesn't help, I don't see what else I can do.