Re: display-mm-width return value off on Windows

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: display-mm-width return value off on Windows
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 05:06:12 -0400

> From: Ralf Angeli <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 10:19:34 +0200
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> Given that both ways of calculating the screen size are unreliable I
> am still interested in data allowing to judge which method returns
> more accurate results in the majority of cases.

Me too.  In fact, I'd oppose to modify the current code, unless we
have a sufficient number of reports which clearly indicate that the
proposed solution is significantly better than the existing code.
Given the evident lack of any theoretical argument in favor, I think
good statistics is the only way to make a sound decision.

So please ask more people, perhaps on help-emacs-windows, to try the
new code and report results with both old and new versions.