Re: How to stop find-grep-dired?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: How to stop find-grep-dired?
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 17:18:09 +0200

David Kastrup wrote:
I disagree.  C-g is supposed to stop Emacs, not other processes.  I
don't consider it a good idea to have to worry about arbitrary
processes terminating.
Would it be better if some processes were excluded? Could something else be done to enhance my idea? (Except dropping it ;-)

IIRC, keyboard-quit events even cut straight
across a lot of the input loop.  It is probably not even useful to
rebind them in local keymaps, since those keymaps might not be active
at the time C-g is pressed.
Thanks.