Re: how to control isearch for invisible text

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: how to control isearch for invisible text
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 17:32:07 +0200

"Drew Adams" <address@hidden> writes:

>     At the moment it might be more appropriate thinking about
>     finishing rather than starting things.
>
> I started this thread, with more of a question (how to?) than a
> concrete feature suggestion. In any case, I don't think anyone has
> suggested implementing such a feature before the release.

I don't think it would be wrong to make query-replace work analogously
to isearch-forward with respect to invisibility properties, even in
light of the upcoming release.  And I pointed out where, in a previous
analysis of the situation, I had found a suitable vicinity for adding
the required mechanism with a least invasive change.  A change I would
think tolerable to make yet, as it has pretty local consequences.

In contrast, I think that a hook such as the one Stefan is thinking of
would be opening a can of worms I don't particularly enjoy to see at
this point of time.