RE: how to control isearch for invisible text

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: how to control isearch for invisible text
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 10:09:44 -0700

    > It seems like there should be some way to control whether
    > isearch matches text that is invisible or ignores it.

    > If there is no option..., then how about adding one?
    > And adding an isearch keymap binding for toggling the
    > option while searching.

    > It would be a plus if the same option could act
    > similarly for query-replace and occur. For query-replace,
    > perhaps the same toggle binding could be used.

    M-x apropos-documentation RET isearch.*invisible RET

Thanks.

So, now, how about:

- documenting `isearch-invisible' in the Emacs manual?
- and the Elisp manual?
- creating a toggle for it?
- having `occur' and `query-replace' respect the option?

Also, I'm curious why the treatment of an `invisible' text-property value of
`isearch-open-invisible' is limited to overlays. Why shouldn't the same
behavior hold for the property if applied directly to text (that is, without
an overlay)?