Re: Building Emacs overflowed pure space

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Building Emacs overflowed pure space
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 14:16:53 -0400

    Sure.  But I currently see no reason to prefer the cl-macs.el behavior over
    the subr.el one (AFAICT my suggested code is just as efficient as the
    cl-macs.el one), so I'm not sure whether we should change cl-macs.el or
    subr.el's behavior.

To modify the list that dolist is scanning is such an abuse that I am
not sure we need to specify what it should do.  But if I have
to express a preference between the two behaviors, I think that taking
the cdr at the end is a little more "correct", a little less surprising,
than taking the cdr before the body.