Re: Info tutorial is out of date

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Info tutorial is out of date
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 12:06:44 -0400

    > Save the teaching of why it's better to learn to use the keyboard
    > for later.

    When it will be too late for many.  If indeed it is better to use the
    keyboard (and I think it is), it seems a bad idea to begin by teaching
    bad habits, however easy these habits may be.

It is important for people to learn to use Emacs with the keyboard
rather than with the mouse.  However, the choice of keyboard or mouse
makes much less difference for Info.  So I disagree with that
conclusion when applied to the Info tutorial.