Re: 100% CPU on TCP servers (on Windoze).

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: 100% CPU on TCP servers (on Windoze).
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 10:51:50 +0100

Kim F. Storm wrote:
 (make-network-process :name "test" :server t :service t)
I took a look at this issue, and it seems quite trivial to fix.

Would someone try to apply the following patch and tell me whether
it makes a difference  (pls. try the above example before and after
applying the patch).  If it doesn't compile, pls try to fix it!!
Before your patch, the example works, but uses 50% CPU. I confirmed it worked by connecting to the socket and sending data to Emacs.

After your patch, and some additional patching to dynamically load WSAEventSelect (the build process needs changing to eliminate this requirement), the example fails with the following stack trace:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-error "make server process failed" "invalid argument" :name "test" :server t :service t)
 make-network-process(:name "test" :server t :service t)
 eval((make-network-process :name "test" :server t :service t))
 eval-last-sexp-1(t)
 eval-last-sexp(t)
 eval-print-last-sexp()
 call-interactively(eval-print-last-sexp)