Re: rectangle operations - narrowing?

From: Klaus Zeitler
Subject: Re: rectangle operations - narrowing?
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 10:40:15 +0200

    Drew> I was thinking of perhaps doing some stuff on rectangular areas of
    Drew> text (e.g. columns of text) - in particular, searching over them,
    Drew> and I'd like to know what, if anything already exists for this,
    Drew> before I start trying to roll my own. I looked at the Emacs manual
    Drew> Rectangles stuff and library rect.el, but I didn't notice what I'm
    Drew> looking for.

Did you also look at cua-rect? A great package for dealing with rectangles.
Just for CUA's rectangle mode I tried to switch to cua-mode a while ago. For
those that don't like cua-mode (like me) there's cua-selection-mode which
comes a lot closer to what I want. I wish it'd be possible to use cua-rect
independent from cua.

Klaus

|  Klaus Zeitler      Lucent Technologies  |
|  Email:             address@hidden  |
---
I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.  -- Mae West