Re: lispref/text.texi

From: Andreas Roehler
Subject: Re: lispref/text.texi
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 09:53:42 +0200

Richard Stallman schrieb:
Would someone please check lispref/text.texi for accuracy?

It is a somewhat large file.  If you check just half of it,
that would be good; then I could look for someone else to
check the other half.

As the text info probably is referred to widely by less
experienced people - as me - I could go on reading it
from this in so far inevitable point of view.

As such an endeavour easily may end up by reporting a
lot of errors which are none, we could agree to simply
ignore reports in that case.

Than it starts with

text.texi

Line 30

"Keep in mind that point is always between two
characters, and the cursor appears on the character
after point."

Is this remark indeed necessary at this point? I don't
remember a text-related command, where this is
important. (Or should be important conceiving a
text editing facility as a tool, which hides such internals
from the user, unless he wishes otherwise.)

Given the group of users indicated, I fear a certian
danger of distraction and/or confusion from it.

__
Andreas Roehler