Re: [Bug-AUCTeX] auctex 11.83 fills paragraph incorrectly

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [Bug-AUCTeX] auctex 11.83 fills paragraph incorrectly
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 21:59:33 +0200

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * David Kastrup (2006-06-29) writes:
>
>> Given the latest TeX-doc reports, we maybe should consider pushing out
>> 11.84 soon.  That could clear the ground for some of your pending
>> larger changes.
>
> If Emacs Lisp just supported pass-by-reference, then I could get
> easily get rid of some duplicated font locking code.  Oh well, I'll
> find another way.

Emacs Lisp supports quite a number of ways of passing by reference.
Cons cells are passed as pointers, arrays are passed by reference, and
symbols can easily be passed by reference, too.  Quote them at the
point of call, and use `set' instead of `setq' on them.

What are you trying to achieve?

Followup to emacs-devel.