Re: Building on Windows

From: Paul Moore
Subject: Re: Building on Windows
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 23:58:07 +0100

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 01:02:14 +0300, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

>I don't have these problems on Windows.  I also build with MinGW.
>
>The error message about `link' in line 345 is strange, since that line
>is not supposed to be compiled on Windows.  Please see how come the
>build tried to compile it on your system.
>
>How about showing the full transcript of the build, not just the last
>command?
>
>Also, what are your versions of GCC and MinGW runtime, and what shell,
>if any, do you have installed?

OK.

I'm using mingw runtime 3.10, and gcc 3.4.5 (mingw special). I'm on Windows XP
Pro SP2, using the CMD.EXE shell as supplied. Any tools I use, including the
graphics libraries, come from the GnuWin32 site, gnuwin32.sf.net. I'm
basically following the instructions at
http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/w32-build-emacs.html.

Aaaargh!!!!! I have just gone through the whole build process again, to
confirm the issue, and I've found the problem. The GnuWin32 package gsl
includes a header file include/config.h in the distribution. This interferes
with the local config.h used by the emacs build. Renaming this file makes the
problem go away.

Sorry for the noise. I'll report this to the gnuwin32 project.

Paul.