Intlfonts

From: Per Starbäck
Subject: Intlfonts
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 17:57:28 +0200

mule.texi says

> graphical display, you need to have a suitable font.  If some of the
> characters appear as empty boxes, you should install the GNU Intlfonts
> package, which includes fonts for most supported address@hidden
> you run Emacs on X, you need to inform the X server about the location
> of the newly installed fonts with the following commands:

With emacs 21.4 I get no empty boxes after "C-h h" with Intlfonts
installed, but with the current (as of a couple of days ago) cvs emacs
I get a lot of those, for example for Georgian (not present in 21.4)
and Hindi (OK in 21.4!).

Will there be a new Intlfonts release before the next Emacs release?
(I looked for a development version but couldn't find any.)
Or are there any other fonts than Intlfonts that should be recommended
here in the documentation?

Now I also get empty boxes for Greek, Hebrew and Russian in the
mule-unicode-0100-24ff section at the end. Greek, Hebrew and Russian
in the main section above works fine though. Is it not possible to use
the same fonts?