Re: delete-process bug

From: Michaël Cadilhac
Subject: Re: delete-process bug
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 12:59:06 +0200

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> From: address@hidden (Kim F. Storm)
>>> Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 23:15:58 +0200
>>> Cc: Agustin Martin <address@hidden>,
>>>     Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>, address@hidden
>>>
>>> But I also wonder if any of the async process stuff actually works
>>> without SIGCHLD ?!?   Are there any systems which support async processes
>>> but don't have SIGCHLD?
>>
>> AFAIK, MS-Windows is such a system.  (I didn't track this discussion,
>> so I don't know if the Windows case is relevant to it.)
>
> Well, there is this piece of code (in a context where signo == SIGCHLD):
>
> #if (defined WINDOWSNT \
>      || (defined USG && !defined GNU_LINUX \
>          && !(defined HPUX && defined WNOHANG)))
> #if defined (USG) && ! defined (POSIX_SIGNALS)
>       signal (signo, sigchld_handler);
> #endif
>
> But... if MS-Windows does not support SIGCHLD (or SIGCLD), how does
> emacs detect process termination on MS-Windows??

Well,  this  I don't  know,  but  on a  second  thought,  it could  be
a callback. However, the word  `SIGCHLD' is never used in the handler,
so I guess it's kind of independent.

--
 |      Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac   |   Would someone please DTRT with this  |
 |         Epita/LRDE Promo 2007   |         then ACK?                      |