Re: frame-resizing handles are no good (on Windows, at least)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: frame-resizing handles are no good (on Windows, at least)
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 06:39:23 +0300

> From: "Drew Adams" <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 19:36:03 -0700
>
> On Windows, I find that the frame resizing handles are far too small. When I
> try to grab a frame border, the double-headed arrow appears only when the
> mouse pointer is very precisely on the border line - so precisely that the
> double-headed pointer flickers on and off, without my even (seemingly)
> moving the mouse at all. That is, it changes back to the normal, single
> arrow of a standard buffer, which you see when the pointer is not over text.
> The tolerance isn't large enough, I suppose.

I don't see this on my systems.  The resize arrow behaves exactly like
in other GUI applications, as far as the size of the region where it
appears is concerned, and it doesn't disappear, no matter how long I
leave it there, nor flickers while in that area.

> Also, I don't think it's normal that as soon as you have actually grabbed
> the border successfully the pointer changes back to the normal, single
> arrow. It should stay as the double-headed arrow until you release the mouse
> button.

It does for me.

> I admit that I notice these problems more in my own setup, which uses
> multiple frames, than I do with just emacs -q and a frame or two (I don't
> notice the last problem mentioned with emacs -q, for instance).

Well, in that case, please provide a minimal setup to reproduce the
problem.  My crystal ball is obviously not powerful enough to guess.