Re: [bug] read-passwd of CVS Emacs

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: [bug] read-passwd of CVS Emacs
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 10:31:16 -0600

Richard Stallman wrote:
There is no indexing bug.  The bug is that it modifies the string
that was passed in by the caller.

This seems to fix it for me.  But I see that you proposed
another change, putting various other properties on the prompt.
Is that still necessary, when this is done?  I think it won't
be needed, because this prompt doesn't go in the minibuffer,
so you can't move point over it or insert other text after it.

Sorry for posting not 1 but 2 irrelevant patches.  I'm sure you're
right, that the front-sticky, rear-nonsticky, and field properties
are not needed since read-passwd displays the prompt in the echo
area instead of the minibuffer.

Thanks,
--
Kevin